Sunday, August 17, 2008

Email from Rachel

Hello Family!!
China is good. We are currently in Yaungshou and it is gorgeous. We are taking a sleeper train tonight to Gaungzhou. I am sure these names mean even less to you than they do to me! So far it has been fun. Yesterday we swam in a mud bath in a cave and went on a bamboo ride down a river. And I went to this eye glasses place and got them to make two pairs of glasses based off my current glasses for about $40 each. China is so cheap! Tuesday we head to the beach for a few days. Saturday we head home. I am very excited to return to the states and hopefully not be so tired/hot/having to pay for any and all drinking water. Nothing like leaving the country to realize I actually love America.
But the trip has been great. Hong Kong was nice and then we took a sleeper train to Shanghai and made lots of friends on the train...there was this four year old kid that we were playing games with and with his 14 year old cousin and it's funny how the 4 year old just didn't understand that I didn't speak Mandarin. I thought about Harris trying to grasp that concept dealing with a non-English speaker.
Anyway, love you all!
Rachel

No comments: