Monday, May 14, 2007

Busy Weekend

Barbara and Russell flew off to Salt Lake City last Thursday and will be returning home today (Monday). They met up with Russell's fiance Sarah Jane who stayed with her sister in Orem.
  1. On Friday Barbara hosted a dinner for some friends and family at Barbara's mother's home. From all reports it was a total success. My mother attended and reports that the food Barbara made was very tasty.
  2. On Saturday morning Rachel went through the temple for the first time. This is great, it means that she will be able to attend Russell's wedding in Houston in July.
  3. Later that day everyone attended a bridal shower given by Sarah Jane's grandmother in Orem. My dad remarked at the amazing geographical coincidences. When I was a kid my family lived in Orem. Sarah Jane's parents live in Pittsburgh PA, which of course is where James and his family live.
After Barbara gets home with the digital camera I will post some of the photos taken on their trip.

John and I stayed busy here in Austin also. John didn't get too tired of my over the weekend but I am sure he will be very happy to get up and go to school this morning and is looking forward to having Barbara and Russell back home.

1 comment:

Rachel said...

It was a fun weekend - wish you could have come with Mom and Russell!